Thursday, January 31

Drew Worm and Sweet Potato Fries

{What we did Wednesday} 


I'm sure you can guess which worm found this apple ;)


Wow, God proves his greatness again! Only the ultimate artist could create such massive, beautiful, slow-falling snowflakes as the sun was breaking through the clouds on this January day. It was beyond beautiful. It was nice to finally see some snow!


Great-Grandma says, "Hi" :) We brought over some more storage items and looked through all of her birthday cards. Her birthday was January 26th, and she turned 83!


She gave us some of the best-tasting cantaloupe I've ever had in my life. After baby, spilled cantaloupe juice on the floor, he kicked back in the chair for the first time and fell hard on the floor. He cried pretty badly, but was smiling and opening cabinets again within a minute.


Jr. got a scrambled egg.


For dinner, we had grilled cheese with caramelized onions and swiss chard on Ezekiel bread, along with sweet potato fries and steamed green beans.


On Sunday, Andrew's mom asked if we wanted a bag of organic sweet potatoes she found on clearance for $1. Yes please! :)



It was my first time ever cooking sweet potatoes. Aren't the colors beautiful?! As Andrew was leaving for work this morning, I told him we'd be having sweet potatoes for dinner and he told me he wouldn't touch them. He hates sweet potatoes. But I was determined to change his mind about them.


I didn't get a real good picture of the fries, but in my opinion, they tasted better and better after each sweet, savory, crunchy bite. Andrew isn't a sweet potato fan though...he ate 5 fries and said they were okay. {So much for touching them ;) } I give him credit for trying them out though and I haven't lost hope in him. I shall keep trying.


A rare moment where the Jr. is being very picky. He only wanted the sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment