Monday, January 21

Roasted Lentils and Haircuts

{What we did Friday}

It was day 5 of organizing. I went through our closet and began throwing away department store hangers and I stumbled across the hanger below. I was just about ready to toss it into the donate pile when I thought about how much potential it might have. I knew there must be some way to organize something on it. Then I remembered the popular ribbon organizing idea I saw online:

Pinned Image
 
Well, I have ribbons...lots and lots of them! :)


I went through my craft boxes and decided I'd organize my ribbon bin. The bin took up valuable space, and it was never real easy to grab it off the top shelf. The ribbons weren't too badly organized, but I knew it'd be easier to find what I needed if they were on this awesome hanger :)


I grabbed some empty toilet paper tubes and cut them to size for wrapping the loose ribbons around.





 
And the final results...nicely organized ribbons :)
 
{Photo to come}
 
In the afternoon, baby and I made some cinnamon chocolate roasted lentils. The original recipe is found at Edible Perspective. We used honey instead of sugar and added in 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and it they turned out nicely when roasted at a lower temperature. These lentils are very tasty eaten alone, in a nut/seed mixture and as cereal! :) Of course, baby thinks they're pretty good, too.
 




 
I found him standing on his musical toy while holding on to the door and watching his Wee Sing movie. He's really on a roll with this climbing thing.

 
Hungry for a little snack, I grabbed the jar of sunflower seeds. I was too busy multi-tasking and it fell to the floor and bounced off my foot. The small cut didn't feel too good. But I better get used to cuts while in the kitchen so often.

Our quick-and-easy soup dinner since we had to leave for haircuts as soon as Andrew got home from work: bean and beef taco soup cooked in our newly-made chicken stock.

Baby discovered a new playplace upstairs in his grandparents' "new" room. He loved it in there.

He tested out grandpa's new bed :) But he realllly wanted to go back in the closet.
 
Dad and baby got their haircuts tonight!
Photos to come :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment