Monday, January 21

More Organizing and Mint Chocolate Cookies

 {What we did Saturday}
 
Baby tried oranges for the first time. He loved them :)

 
We went through ALL of our clothes--the ones in- and out-of-season and the other random boxes of clothes that don't fit us, yet we've held on to them for too long. Our "donate" pile is growing...awesome :)

 
I love how beautiful brussels sprouts are. The color. The shape. The texture. The taste.
I love that my Andrews love them, too.



For dinner, we had pasta with a white sausage sauce along with roasted brussels sprouts. I adapted the pasta recipe from the book, "How to Cook Everything." The addition of parsley and mozzarella cheese made a huge difference. It was very good!!


 
Haha, to end the night...I let baby run around without a diaper. I'm sure you can guess what happened. Here's his expression as Andrew yelled, "Oh no!" and came toward him with a towel.
 
Oh wait.
There was more.
I was extremely tired and ready for bed, but couldn't stop thinking about mint chocolate chip cookies. So I developed my own gluten-, grain-, and egg-free mint chocolate cookie recipe before bed. Definitely worth the try because it is my new favorite cookie. I had a container of lentils and thought, well, if lentils tasted good roasted with cinnamon, why not bake them? Yes, these cookies contain lentils, and my very picky husband didn't even notice :) How awesome is that?


 
 
Still testing the recipe for alterations, but here it is so far:
 
Gluten- and Grain-Free Mint Chocolate Cookies
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup brown lentils (soaked and cooked)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp peppermint flavor
2 tbsp + 1 tsp raw honey
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp butter (I used salted butter)
pinch of salt

Process lentils in processor about 20 seconds or until ground up and smooth. Add in honey, peppermint, and butter until well-combined. In seperate bowl, combine cocoa, almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet mixture and process until a gooey dough forms. {Don't be tempted to eat it as is or it'll be gone! like mine almost was...} Drop spoon-sized amounts on parchment paper or non-stick mat. Bake at 325 degrees for about 12 minutes. Let cool 20-30 minutes before eating. I like to place mine in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Makes 6 cookies.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment