Thursday, January 17

Organizing, Chicken Sausage and Applecrisp

Tuesday was the day to begin organizing all of baby's clothes. The amount you see here is only a fraction of the amount of clothes he has. If only he knew how blessed he was! But then I hear this truthful phrase ringing in my ear: "The more you have, the more work you have." My grandma has always said this, and I find that influential way of life to be more of a blessing. It's time to downsize and bless others. 


We had his favorite vegetable for lunch--zucchini :)

I had a salad with spinach leaves, egg, walnuts, raisins, and tahini dressing

These week days fly now! After plenty of organizing, baking, and Wee Song watching, Andrew was home. Baby and I made Andrew some apple crisp, so he was very happy to smell that when he walked inside. After getting comfortable, Andrew was anxious to continue reading his book, A Memory of Light, while baby was extra rambunctious and stepping all over my feet while I tried to make dinner. We had green and red peppers with chicken sausage on brown rice. This was definitely one of our new favorite dinners. Chicken sausage tastes amazing! (Bad photo below; the Andrews were too impatient to let me take pictures). This recipe was given to me from someone at my bridal shower, so I couldn't help but think about them while eating dinner. Not all of us liked the sausage though...baby made a disgusted face when he tasted the spices, and then he didn't trust Andrew to spoon-feed him again. He preferred the less spicy rice and peppers :) 


This apple crisp actually tasted better to me due to a mistake I made. Before putting it in the oven, I realized I didn't add the flour to the topping mixture, so I added the flour last and mixed everything together. The end result was very good! Everything cooked together so evenly, and the sauce was dark brown, so the colors even looked prettier. 

Love mistakes. Although, I'm sure the sugar-free diet I've been on made it taste extra special, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment