Wednesday, January 23

Me and Baby, Day #2

{Tuesday}

We had fun today :) We just missed Andrew more. I have had no one to smile and give a "thumbs up" to once getting baby to sleep. But Andrew and I were able to talk on the phone for a while at night after baby went to bed.

During the day, I made a mint chocolate icing for my mint cookies. Ah! This was the final touch. Double mint chocolate cookies is the way to go! Smooth and chewy chocolatey mintyness :)

 


 

 
For lunch, we had creamy broccoli red pepper soup with shredded cheddar cheese. Mmm.

 
Helping me organize! Except he's getting rid of the clothes he wears, lol.
 
 
Took pictures of himself. Several of them!

 
We watched one of his home videos! Age 3 months - 12 months. He laughed the entire time watching himself. It was so cute. I was reminded what it was like to have a baby! I forgot about his loud grunting and how we called him "drool bucket."
 



 
For dinner, we did simple since we had to leave for church. Garlic lemon zucchini ribbons! They were so fun to make. I didn't know it was as easy as using a peeler to make the ribbons. Baby didn't seem to care for the taste though. He prefers the zucchini taste only with salt and pepper.



Val wanted to come pick us up for church in her rental car. It was a 2013 Ford Taurus, and it was pretty cool!

 
This was taken after my "Digging Deeper" class at church. It was his first time in the nursery! I think he was in a bit of a shock when he realized I wasn't there because I found him crying when I picked him up :(

 
Here's when he first got there.
 


Andrew and I talked for a long time before going to bed. It was another late 1 am night for me. Andrew had dinner at a Cuban restaurant. He said he had white rice and black beans with meat and vegetables. I'm glad to know he's still choosing healthier dinners :)

No comments:

Post a Comment