Saturday, February 2

Valentine's Day Decorating; Eggplant Dip

{What we did Friday}

February 1st means it's time to begin decorating for Valentine's Day! So that's what we did. All morning and afternoon. For baby, there was plenty of candle wax-eating, ribbon-messing, tulle-wrapping, scissor-stealing, and pen-scribbling.



A little project we put together for Valentine's Day. The dried flowers were saved from the day baby was born.


Our yummy sweet potato fries. We had a picnic on the bed :)


We had onion and red pepper crackers with eggplant dip and soup for dinner. What's funny about the eggplant dip is my husband tried some of the--what I called vegetable dip--and he said, "Mmm, it's pretty good." But then as soon as I told him the main ingredient {why did I tell him??} he was scared of it. I've learned my lesson...lol.


Baby sure made up for all his disinterest in vegetables most of this week. He had FOUR bowls of soup tonight! He had plenty of brussels sprouts, eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers. Italian sausage is a different story...he and I aren't real excited over that flavor of chicken sausage.

Before bed, we had soooo much fun creating huge, crisp shadows on the bedroom wall with baby using a flashlight. It was so funny seeing baby's head shadow fill the entire wall, and he sat there watching the shadows like it was a show. Looks like it's time for puppet-making :)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like little Andrew had a ball helping to decorate! ;)
    And the eggplant story sounds so much like my cousin Tom! His family came in for five days and while they were here Tom got sick so we had some mineral broth to give him and he thought it was really good until we told him it had seaweed in it ;) He couldn't finish it after that lol I suppose it's just a mental thing ;)
    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! I don't know if it's a guy thing or a mental thing ;) lol.

      Delete