Monday, April 30

Shopping Day #2

Two weeks ago's shopping trip felt like a vacation. This week's felt like a huge adventure. I had a feeling it might be more difficult this time because I hadn't changed his diaper or fed him before leaving this morning because we ran out of time. So, I said I'd change him at the store. We arrived at the store at 8:30AM and it worked out well changing him in the bathroom, and we made it half way through the store until..."bababa...MAAAAAAA....MAAAAAAA!!!"  Everyone stared at us as I tried pushing him around a few more isles. He gave me the 'feed me now!' look, so I left the cart with the managers and carried him back out to the car in the extremely heavy carseat to feed him. We got back in and we began our shopping again. We went to the spice isle, and he started complaining again.

So...I got out his rings and he had fun :) People walked by and smiled at how cute he was. But it only lasted for 2 isles.


So...I gave him his book, and he liked it :) Two men came up to him, touched his feet and said how cute he was. One of them said "Wow, he's reading a book already; he's smarter than me!" But his happiness only lasted for 1 isle.


So...I took him out and carried him around while managing to push the heavy cart. I forgot I had thrown my wrap carrier out of the diaper bag before we left for the store :/ I won't forget it next time!


At the register, we met a little toddler girl and her 3 month-old brother :) As soon as we got in the car, he fell asleep. It lasted long enough for me to get the groceries in and put them away. Now he's crawling all over the place and grabbing cords, cords, and more cords. What a morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment